- A tropical cyclone will affect the locality.
of greater than 60 kph and up to 100 kph may
be expected in at least
- Some coconut trees may be tilted with few others broken.
- Few big trees may be uprooted.
- Many banana plants may be downed.
- Rice and corn may be adversely affected.
- Large number of nipa and cogon houses may be partially or totally unroofed.
- Some old galvanized iron roofings may be peeled off.
general, the winds may bring light to moderate damage to the exposed
- The sea and coastal waters are dangerous to small seacrafts.
attention should be given to the latest position, the direction and
speed of movement and the intensity of the storm as it may intensify and
move towards the locality.
general public especially people traveling by sea and air are cautioned
to avoid unnecessary risks.
- Outdoor activities of children should be postponed.
- Secure properties before the signal is upgraded.
preparedness agencies/organization are in action to alert their
Published: Monday, 23 Feb 1998